Monday, March 28, 2011

ROmeo and Juliet Movie (1996)

So I watched the 1996 version of Romeo an Juliet, and I thought is was really good, I really like how they modernized everything, for example, Everybody had guns, when in the book, everyone used knives in battles. Also, I really like how Romeo and Benvolio had there own little "G" handshake, a own two friends would do, but I don't think they did that back then, I think they shook hands or bowed to each other. Also, Benvolio's clothing, he would wear a shirt with the buttons open, and he would be "fresh" and the way he talked he talked like your typical man living in a big city. Also I don't want to be racist, but, there were many black people there, most importantly Mercutio, I think it showed us how everyone is everywhere now, because before, there would be like one race living in one country, because nobody really found much new land, basically, how much our world has changed, you can find every race living in every country. One thing that I really don't get, is when at the very end when Romeo is about to drink the poison, Juliet wakes up and is just staring at Romeo not saying anything, and if she said anything, he wouldn't have drunk the poison and still lived. Another thing I liked is the characters, many of them emphasized what kind of person they are, for example, Tybalt, had that little mustache with a twirl on each end, you know those guys are evil, and he had his own gang and he wanted to just kill everyone, Also, lord capulet basically beat up Juliet when she rejected to marry Paris, that's saying Lord Capulet is a tough man, what he says goes, also, I really liked the nurse, she was the one who knew about Romeo and Juliet, and she helped Juliet, when lord Capulet was beating up Juliet, she was trying to take him off, showing the Nurse is a very nice character. Also, when Romeo killed Tybalt, Romeo started crying, and was very sad that he killed someone, and I think he had a great reason to kill Tybalt, because Tybalt killed Mercutio, that shows that Romeo is very caring about people, friends or enemies. I think this movie did a good job showing the story of Romeo and Juliet 

No comments:

Post a Comment