Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Research social awareness

One topic that I have been researching is Parents being very harsh on their kids for report cards. In my school they have handed out report cards and that made me think, I wondered If punishing your kids is the right way to get your grades up. On a new york times article, a women asked people for their advice of how to handle a bad report card. 
http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/16/how-should-parents-handle-a-bad-report-card/?scp=3&sq=Parents&st=cse
One of the answers that I especially liked was one that said that your parents should be more involved in your school life. I think that this is completely true because most parents that don't keep track of their child at school and when they see the report card, than they get angry. But it is the parents fault for not helping the child with homework  and things they misunderstood. If a parent doesn't put pressure on the child, and helps them, the child will do better. One response I didn't like was one that said you should put pressure on your kids. But when people pressure their kids, they have tension on them.
I think that a parent should help the kids with school, and see what the child can improve on

No comments:

Post a Comment